|dc.description.abstract||The UNM-LAKH project will be hosting in Albuquerque, NM, the first international meeting among the institutions that are participating in the project. The conference is entitled as “Cooperation for Digital Harvesting of Scientific Research,” and will be held at the UNM Zimmerman Library from June 11 to 13, 2008.
* LAKH partners meet and share information regarding their respective institutions and the impacts open access.
* Partners review progress of the project and sub-projects.
* Evaluation and proposals for improvement of project performance.
* Workshops to discuss technical, administrative, and content issues.
* Specialized panels based on common themes from the above.
* Strategies for future activities and new collaborative projects and partners.
* Tours of UNM facilities and meeting with staff from related departments at UNM
to strengthen our partners’ links with the UNM. Participants from University of Guadalajara: Health Sciences University Center (CUCS ), University Simon Bolivar: Bolivarium Institute for History Research, Science and Technology Secretary of Brazil, Brazilian Science and Technology Institute (IBICT), Center for Researching Renato Archer (CenPRA), Abya Yala Cultural Center, Ecuador